Indian Journal of Economics and Development: Forthcoming Issue

Smiley face

Smiley face

Smiley face

Make Payments
Useful Links


Economics of Atta Chaki Enterprise in Punjab: A study of an Agro-based Industry

575.00

Pardeep Kaur and Mini Goyal

Category:

Description

Indian Journal of Economics and Development
Year : 2018, Volume : 14, Issue : 2
First page : ( 342) Last page : ( 347) 
Print ISSN : 2277-5412. Online ISSN : 2322-0430.
Article DOI : 10.5958/2322-0430.2018.00140.3

Economics of Atta Chaki Enterprise in Punjab: A study of an Agro-based Industry

Kaur Pardeep*, Goyal Mini

Department of Economics and Sociology, Punjab Agricultural University, Ludhiana-141004

*Corresponding author’s email: cheemapardeep00@gmail.com

JEL Codes H81, L16, L26, L53, P25.

Online published on 22 June, 2018.

Abstract

Agro based industry is regarded as the sunrise sector of the Indian economy in view of its large potential for growth and likely socio economic impact specifically on employment and income generation. To study the socio-economic profile of entrepreneurs engaged and to economics of attachaki as agro-based village industries. The study was conducted in Fatehgarh district of Punjab by selecting 40 villages falling in the district with 33 entrepreneurs of attachaki enterprise. These were categorised into different farm categories according to their agricultural land ownership. The study revealed thatall the entrepreneurs were male and with average age of 45.5 years. An average agricultural land ownership of 33 entrepreneurs was 10.54 acres and average limit of credit were 1.70 lakh. Capital investment was highest for entrepreneurs who were landless ( 234625). Annual net returns were found highest in case of medium farm entrepreneurs ( 67247). By investing one rupee on fixed and variable resources of attachaki enterprise, an amount of ? 1.23 on an average in Punjab as is indicated by output-capital ratio in attachaki. This showed that there were net earnings of  0.23 which came to be 18.69 percent of total earning and remaining 81.31 percent was the total cost on an average in Punjab. Similarly benefit cost ratio at both variable and fixed costs were 0.47 and 0.23 respectively. Average payback period of attachaki enterprise were 6.08 years

Sixth National Seminar 2020

Useful Downloads

News and Updates

  • Contents IJED 16(1) 2020

  • Proceeding of 22.07.2019
  • Hard copies, Indian J Econ Dev 16 (1), January-March, 2020 after Corona threat is over

Web Counter